Sunday, January 30, 2011

All Over The Map

I feel like I have literally been all over the map! I have so much on my mind right now. I know I still have 8 months until our wedding, but I not only like looking for ideas, but I want to get as many decisions made as soon as possible...thus my mind traveling the globe! I have videographers, hairstyles, make-up, bridesmaids dresses, shoes, jewelry, flowers, table decor, DIY projects, etc... It's all on the mind these days.

I have opened a gazillion and one tabs on my computer screen to find hairstyles, bridesmaids dresses and videographers. I have spent my night going through tab after tab after tab of possibilities and finally, I have my dresses for the girls. It is not set in stone, but I am going to send the formal "order" e-mail of the style and color I want and request the swatches, etc tomorrow. :) I am happy beyond belief right now.

I've sent numerous e-mails to videographers, asking for prices and their availability, so hopefully after a lot of searching, I will find something in my style and my price range.

Let's see.... To be a little more detailed in my searches of things, I am looking for shoes: flats, but cute and comfortable, maybe embellished some how. I don't just want a plain shoe. I kinda want something a little surprising when I let a peek out from under my dress. Nothing crazy, just something fun. I am thinking of possibly embellishing them myself. I may just wear a very nice flip flop. I only want to buy one shoe. Shoes aren't too big to me so I would rather spend that extra money elsewhere (like my videographer). I need to find these babies within a maximum amount of time of six weeks! (Right before my birthday... will these end up being a b-day gift to myself?)

For my hair, my unmanageable and thin hair, I am looking at updo's. I originally thought I wanted my hair down, but we shall see. I have a few ideas, but I don't want to give anything away. I'm trying to steer away from painting a picture of myself on my wedding day for all of you!

In the line of jewelry, I won't be wearing too much of it. I would like a nice earring, nothing too dangly and maybe a nice bracelet, and I think I may make that on my own, so I might just be looking for the earrings. I might not do those though until I see the dress in person.

I have a lot of DIY projects and in fact, I'm going hunting again tomorrow! I am hoping to find some good things! I have phone calls to make tomorrow as well so it should end up being a busy day in the line of wedding planning.

I was supposed to be going up north this week for a bridal show, but it is looking like that might not work out with the winter storm they are scheduled to get. We shall see. I'm not going to worry about that though. If we do go though, I will need to pack... fast!! ;)

I will update again soon. It's getting late and I have a lot to still do, save on the computer, write down, etc. And I am honestly a bit tired and would like to get to bed at a decent hour. :) I do promise more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment