Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's All In The Details

Registering for our wedding/shower gifts has not been high on my to do list, but recently, I have begun to look at things here and there. Today I went to a few stores with Mono and we enjoyed looking around together. I am actually a pretty lucky lady. Mono cares enough about the details of a home, but not to the extent where he makes it hard for me to pick out nice things. 

Going into this, picking things out for our future home, I want to make sure everything is picked out tastefully. I want to create a peaceful, calm and cozy home. One that he cannot wait to come home to after a long day at work. One that family and friends enjoy visiting from day to day. I want an elegant and classic look, but cozy and kid friendly all at the same time. 

So today, as we shopped, we walked throughout a few stores (some fancier than others) and enjoyed taking a peek at what some of the rooms in our future home would like to hold. I had fun with him. Yes, ladies… Fun shopping with my guy! :) He liked the little details and noticed all of the other couples doing what we were there to do. I can't wait to go for a real date to register in the stores for our shower/wedding. I think it will be a lot of fun. Of course there are always things I have to explain as to why we would need them, but I think my Mon is pretty excited himself to see what the loveliness of our home will be like! 

Since I was about 10 years old I have been receiving gifts for my hope chest which is now turning into an entire hope room, but that is another story, and while knowing that, I figured I wouldn't need much. But today, as we strolled the aisles, I noticed a lot of random little things that would be very useful to us come October!! 

It's the little details that make a house a home. The frames, the nice canisters to hold your flour, sugar etc, so you can bake warm goodies for your family... Oh there are so many details. I always notice them too and that can get me into trouble... Like picking out everyday flatware. To most people, you might go and just pick something out, but not to me. I like to shop around, see what is good quality, a good deal and something that is different, unique with details all of it's own. Unfortunately that normally means it is more expensive, but there are places out there you can find unique things and bargain prices!!

I can't wait to have a little place of our own and decorate it, organize it and make it cozy! 

Come on October! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment