Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Makings Of My Dress!

Today I bought my wedding dress (Is that what you'd say? It sounds like it is more important than just "I bought my dress"). You know, I've been looking through countless dresses on magazine pages and I have had several in-store appointments trying dresses on, and though I've seen some that I've liked, or parts of ones I liked, I knew that I hadn't found the one. They say you will know and I never got that feeling. I was questioning what wasn't right. Something was missing and I couldn't figure it out for sure. So, I got my sketch pad out and drew the one. Today I had the amazing opportunity to meet with an actual wedding dress designer. So you know how real she was, she kept talking about her friend Vera and I thought oh that's nice. Well she was talking about Vera. You know, Vera as in Vera Wang. This lady was the sweetest thing ever and we clicked instantly. I showed her my designs of what look I was looking for and then I scoured the racks of dresses she brought with her and the store had in, and I said kinda like this, and kinda like that and about 8 dresses later, I had my perfect sketch, detailed and with physical pieces of dresses to show her exactly what my little marks meant on my sketches. I wish I could tell the entire world right now what it is going to look like, but I have to keep it on the DL. Plus, to be honest, I am not even going to know completely what my dress looks like until it arrives to the store. Being that I designed it from the bottom up, I was not able to see my dress yet. On paper and in my mind yes, but not in flesh in one entire piece. I am not sure how long it will be until I get to see it done, but I am quite excited to see my dress. And for everyone else, it will be soon enough that you will get to see it... 244 days to go to be exact. :) One thought that makes me smile: my dress was created by me, and it will be one of a kind with no other one like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment