Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fancy Feathers From A Dear Friend

Okay, so I was away for a few weeks over Christmas and when I came home, I had a little something special waiting to be opened. Turns out, it was from a peacock! Or a peacock was the delivery man because he left one of his fancy feathers behind. :) No, just kidding. It had a beautiful peacock feather on it.



Although I have a special little place in my heart for those beautiful creatures, it was from someone who has a much more special place in my heart…. my long distance sister, Jillian. She is the daughter of one of my Mom's dearest friends. We've known each other our whole lives. We have grown closer recently and she is becoming so dear to me. This is around the same time in our lives that our Mom's became such wonderful friends.




I know the gift inside of the package was itching for me to come home so it could be opened. It was a beautiful little wedding planning book. She ordered it exactly how she wanted it and it is just perfect. I am so in love with it. I am afraid to take it around with me because it is so fancy. I want to keep it as a very special keepsake. I've already begun to fill it out and I even had the perfect pen to use when I write inside of it. :)








Thank you, Jillian, first and foremost for being such a special long distance sister. I have grown even more these past few months to treasure and love our friendship and all of our similarities. I am thankful for YOU, and for the beautiful wedding planning journal you sent me. Love you.


P.S. She didn't even know I had a little place tucked away in my heart for peacocks and their fancy feathers!







1 comment:

  1. Now that I just had a warm and fuzzie cry, I want you to know that this is what your mom and I dreamt about many years ago! That our girls would always know the love of each other. May our legacy live through both of you. You both blessed me today.

    ReplyDelete