Thursday, April 14, 2011

We're Registered... Almost!

Today we went to start registry for the wedding! It was a lot of fun, yet a little overwhelming! We got a good bulk of it done, but we are going to go back tomorrow and another day to finish and tidy up the list. We started at one store and had the greatest guy to help us get started with the process. I wish we got a picture with him... Usher. He really got into it and really was good at what he did. And no, he wasn't even gay! He'd talk to us, and when he got real serious, he'd lower his voice and continue on. It was quite funny, but honestly, we couldn't have gotten off to a better start. He's engaged too, so he was telling us stories of him and his fiance registering. He and Mono could really get the guy side of it! :) So we had fun. We took that little scanning gun and walked up each aisle and got the ball rolling! My Mom came with us too which was fun. She brought up good points and help us pick out certain things. The most overwhelming part was the linens. Oh. My. Gosh! The different types of cotton, the thread counts, the feel, how well they will wash, etc. Endless! I was so overwhelmed and I called Mono's Mom more times than I should have! She is the queen of knowing that stuff. I am going to have to have her teach me what she knows, because she is real good. I wish she could have been there with us too. Mono and I have such great Moms (and Dads!!) and I like having them all involved as much as I can. So, I am done with the first half of registering. Now I am going to go online and switch some things up that they didn't have in the store. Hopefully we made some good decisions for it!! Oh, and a random funny part: My Mom, Mono and I were walking out of one store through the mall and all of a sudden my Mom said, "OH MY GOSH! MARE! WHAT'S ON YOUR FACE!? WHAT HAPPENED?!" haha- I thought I had blood on my face or something was seriously wrong and then within seconds the two of them were hysterical laughing at me! I had black soot or something on my face. Who the heck knows how it got there, but it was there! It wouldn't just wipe off, and then my Mom gave me antibacterial sanitizer stuff from her purse and that just burned! haha- What craziness! Thankfully I got it off, but it certainly didn't help my already very tired look. I wasn't sure if I should laugh with them or just get mad at them for laughing at me. I think it was a little of both! ;) We also picked out invitations!! :) I have to go back next week though to finalize it. What excitement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment