Monday, December 20, 2010

Rings And Things

We picked out and bought our rings today! So exciting! I knew we were going to the jeweler to have my engagement ring sized down a tad and to look at choices of wedding rings, but I had no idea Mono would buy them today! First he picked out his, which I think looks really good on him. And then I picked out mine... kinda. The jeweler (a family friend) asked what my favorite one was and the look I really like was and so I showed him, totally not thinking that would be the one. Mono then said, "Can you please get a price on that for her size?" And he ordered it!! He said I will have this for the rest of my life and he wants me to have the one I like the best. He was so happy to get them! So our rings are ordered! It was so weird trying on wedding rings together... a good weird of course! :)

And today my Mom did some searching for hotels for our guests to stay in. Apparently it will be a busy weekend and quite a lot is already booked up. Hopefully everything will go just right with that. My parents have been doing some running for me, meeting with people and I really, really appreciate it. I am second in line for getting the reception hall I really want. I am going to go see it with them and Mono this week, which I am looking forward to. I'm praying we are the ones that get it. We will find out by the 27th for sure. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers going up to heaven! :)

That's about it for right now though. Not much else has been going on. I am sure there will be lots of talking while we are visiting with family. The other day we had a birthday party for Mono and I saw family for the first time since our engagement. My aunt cried. :) She's the sweetest. I can't wait to see the rest of my family. :) The party was so nice, being with some of my family and most of Mono's. It really hits now that they will officially be my family too soon. :) I already consider them family though. The two of us are so blessed to have such wonderful families! :)  We have so much fun when we are all together!!

I will try to keep you posted on any other things that go on. Mono's Mami and my Mom both gave me wedding magazines to help with the planning which I am loving looking through. :) I am really enjoying the Christmas season, but it will be nice when we are back home, and all this is over and I can sit and focus on wedding plans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment