Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Update (Great titles, huh?)

This is going to be an uninteresting and non-creative post... just a plain ol' update. ;)

We had our first marriage prep class on the 1st. That was great. I enjoyed the first class. It helps that we are taking it with a priest that we really like and are friendly with. At one point he asked if I had some piece of information so I took my planner out (just my notebook one) and I think he was quite impressed. Well that is what I am telling myself. It could have been that he was a little nervous with all my papers! What has he gotten himself into! haha
So that class was good. We have a lot to read before our next class. It's once a month for 6 months... I think. 
I made a deposit with our videographer so I have the contract set so we have the date held. I wish I was up in Maryland so I could have looked around and met with companies. My photographer was a no-brainer. I knew I wanted her even before I was anywhere near being engaged. She recommended this company so I know I will be getting quality.

I am beginning to get my DIY materials together. I have a lot to do and really have to get my act together with that stuff. The 6 month mark is going to be here before we know it. I would like to have things done to bring up when I go up north at different times in the months prior to the Wedding. That way we don't have to bring as much (there will still be quite a lot) up for the actual trip for the Wedding. 

Speaking of that trip for the wedding, my dress alone is going to take up a huge portion of the car! I think we are going to have to take 2 cars. I am hoping Mono can come up at the same time and he and I drive up in one car and my parents can take the other car. We shall see. But it would be a lot easier to have a second driver in both cars. 11 hours is a long ride alone. 

My muslin "pattern" dress is in. I don't know exactly what they are called. It's my dress but in a muslin version. I have an appointment for this coming Tuesday to have my first fitting. I am pretty excited! I cannot wait to see it. It won't give me the full idea of what my dress looks like, but at least I will get a pretty good feel for it. I wish I could post pictures, but out of all the wedding plans, the dress is the biggest secret... a lot because one of my blog readers is Mono! haha- And we cannot let him even get a hint of what it looks like.

So, I think these are all the updates (at least worth writing about) for now. I will write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment