Monday, November 29, 2010

Just An Update

There is soooo much to do when you are planning a wedding... especially when you are nearly 800 miles away from the location! Right now, I am still just trying to get little bits of information figured out. I really have to find a place to hold the reception and I think that is going to be the biggest issue... for now. We are waiting to hear back from the priest to hear if we are able to use the specific Church that we want to be married in. Hopefully we will hear back from him soon. Once we get the okay on that, we will really look for a reception hall. I didn't want to go full force if we weren't going to be able to be married in this Church. I am having a hard time locating a place that I want though. I have to see if I can talk to a few people up in Maryland to see if they know of anything good. I have my list of guests and Mono is working on his. I have my list of bridesmaids, etc... and I am just looking forward to let it out who I have chosen. Each and every lady is very special to me so I am pretty excited about asking them. Mono is taking care of the groomsmen. I have a little bit of an idea what I am looking for in a dress for myself, but I am still looking. I want to start cutting things out so I can bring them when I go hunting for a dress. I am a little unsure about the colors for the girls' dresses. I had an idea of the look I wanted, but I am not quite sure yet. We are thinking the wedding will be next fall so I am not sure my look will be what I am going to keep. I may have to change it up a little bit. I have to ask a few people what they think. Another thing I am a little concerned about, I really, really wanted to have peonies in my bridal bouquet. They are probably my favorite, along with hydrangeas, and I am not sure if I will be able to have them in it. They are more of a spring flower. :/ I guess I can't base it all on the flower though, huh... I mean I could.... hmm.... ;) just kidding. And last but not least in my update for tonight... My very first friend, Katie, has been really spoiling me with gifts since we got engaged. It's like she went out that night shopping! haha- She sent me a card and three magazines first, and then today I got another package of gifts for wonderful wedding planning. She is surely a wonderful friend, and not just because of gifts. She is a very special friend. I am blessed with wonderful ladies in my life. Very wonderful ones. My other best friend, Kathleen, and I finally got to catch up and chat for a bit on the phone today. It was wonderful catching up and chatting about some wedding ideas. I wish both of them lived nearby, but unfortunately they both live states upon states away. I am hoping to see Katie in December and Kath in January. :) Thank you to all my friends and family for being such wonderful and special people in my life. Mono and I are both very blessed to have each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment